Key principles of Westways School Council
- Develop a partnership with all members of the school community;
- Explore and experience what it means to be a 'good citizen' of our community;
- Enable students to take an active part in school decision-making;
- Give students the experience of being respected and listened to;
- Learn how to present a reasoned argument, even when this may be unpopular;
- Learn what behaviour is appropriate in different situations, developing peer support for appropriate behaviour.
So far this year, we have been busy electing our new class representatives from Year 1 to Year 6.
We have important roles for everyone in Key Stage 1 and in Key Stage 2. In each Key Stage there is a:
- Vice Chairperson;
There is great excitement about the Biz Kids fundraising project in conjunction with St Luke’s hospice. Following the recent 'Rock Star Coin Counting Challenge', School Council are busy arranging lots of fundraising events for the near future, including Film Club, Christmas Jumper Day and a Reindeer Relay! Watch this space for the latest news!
Our other ongoing project is to think about British Values and what that means, and how they work within our school community.