Letter to Parents/Carers from Sheffield City Council
This afternoon we received the following letter from Sheffield City Council with regards to school closures.
Please click here to view the letter.
The bullet points below summarise the information in the letter:
- If children can stay safely at home, they should, to limit the chance of the virus spreading.
- Schools, colleges and other educational establishments remain safe places for children.
- Fewer children making the journey to school lower the risk that the virus can spread.
- Vulnerable children will also continue to be supported.
- If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response and you cannot keep your child safe at home then your children will be prioritised for education provision.
- If you fall within the key worker categories you should speak to your employer to confirm that your specific role is necessary.
- Many parents working in these sectors may still be able to ensure their child is kept at home and every child who can be safely cared for at home should be.
- Sheffield schools will be open to support the children and young people that need to come on Monday.
- If arrangements need to change in the days and weeks that follow your school will keep you informed.