Friends of Westways
A BIG THANK YOU from Friends of Westways – July 2018
With your help this year, we have raised £7,760 so thank you to all of you: parents, carers, children and Westways staff, who have been a part of that.
We raised this fantastic amount in a number of ways:
- Holding discos in November and May that together raised £2,470
- Running a tea towel design project for all children in school which raised £1,560
- Supporting our cross country runners by providing refreshments at two of their Saturday meetings and raising £350
- Holding our first ever Whizz - 5km race and fun run which raised an amazing £650
- Celebrating at the Animal Safari Summer fair along with the Wildlife Garden group and raising £2,500
We have also raised funds alongside supporting school events such as the Christmas plays and the Carols in the wildlife garden and held a cake sale and all of these activities have generated £790
All the money raised by FOW goes towards enhancing the learning environment for all our children, providing an important contribution to the great experience each child deserves at Westways.
So far this year we have
- given £5,475 in total for every class to go on trips and to subsidize educational visits
- given £1,523 towards classroom enhancements such as wet play equipment, interactive display materials, library books etc
- donated £345 towards new picnic benches in the playground.
- given money to enhance KS1 role play areas and bought costumes for KS1 Christmas plays.
- donated £300 towards the Westways’ snowflake on the side of The Sheffield Children’s Hospital
We are only able to raise the money we do and organise enjoyable events because of the enthusiasm and generosity of all those who get involved.
We always need support for our events and really appreciate all the support we get, whether it is by:
- helping with ideas and planning
- helping at events
- coming along and supporting our events.
Our AGM where will start planning events for 2018-19 will be on Wednesday September 19th at 7.30pm at Westways School. However, please don’t be put off it you’re not able to get to meetings. We would still love you to be involved.
If you’re on Facebook, please join our closed group – Friends of Westways. Alternatively join our email supporters list – a useful way for us to keep in touch. Any questions or to join our list, please email: email@example.com
Please be a part of our plans for next year ………..
News from the AGM
News from the AGM: We have got the year off to a good start with our first meeting and annual AGM. We were really pleased to be joined by some new faces and really hope that more of you will want to help out over the following year. We were keen to agree to funding requests for cameras for each of the Y1 and Y2 classes as well as £200 for each class in the school towards the costs of school trips.
As always, if you have any ideas or would like to be involved, please do get in contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Friends of Westways and how can I get involved?
Friends of Westways is a registered charity that aims to support the school experience of every child at Westways. We raise money for extra activities and equipment and contribute to the Westways community of staff, children, parents and carers. Our activities are sociable and fun and a good way to meet other parents/carers.
All parents/carers and staff of the school are automatically members of Friends of Westways. You are always welcome to attend our meetings or share your thoughts and ideas with us informally. Updates on when and where we meet are posted on this page. You can also contact a member of the executive committee or just talk to us in the play ground.
Friends of Westways Executive Committee:
Registered charity no. 1042633