The start of a new school year also brings the start of the new cross country season. Any child in Years 4, 5 or 6 is welcome to join the Westways cross country team.
Training this year will be on Thursday afternoons from 3:15pm to 3:45pm. Children are expected to change into a suitable PE kit (including running trainers).
The Primary Schools Cross Country League is organised by the Sheffield Federation for School Sport (SFSS) and it involves schools from across the Sheffield area. The race meetings are held on Saturday mornings at 10:00am and are usually completed by 11:15am. The remaining fixtures for this year are:
- 26th January 2019 Brunswick Primary School(SFSS Primary League 6)
- 9th February 2019 Concord Park(SFSS Primary League 7)
- 2nd March 2019 Graves Park (SFSS Primary Championships)
- 9th March 2019 Shirebrook Valley (SFSS Primary Y4 Relays)
- 23rd March 2019 Limpsfield Junior School (SFSS Primary Y5/6 Relays)
For the latest SFSS Primary Cross Country results, visit: https://www.sfss.co.uk/index.php/men/featured-shops/cross-country
2018/19 Cross Country Letters (please click):