The start of a new school year also brings the start of the new cross country season. Any child in Years 4, 5 or 6 is welcome to join the Westways cross country team.
Training this year will be on Thursday afternoons from 3:15pm to 3:45pm. Children are expected to change into a suitable PE kit (including running trainers).
The Primary Schools Cross Country League is organised by the Sheffield Federation for School Sport (SFSS) and it involves schools from across the Sheffield area. The race meetings are held on Saturday mornings at 10:00am and are usually completed by 11:15am. This year’s fixtures are:
- 15th September 2018 Bolehills Park (SFSS Primary League 1)
- 29th September 2018 Parkwood Springs(SFSS Primary League 2)
- 13th October 2018 Norfolk Park (SFSS Primary League 3)
- 17th November 2018 Bradfield School (SFSS Primary League 4)
- 1st December 2018 Longley Park (SFSS Primary League 5)
- 26th January 2019 Brunswick Primary School(SFSS Primary League 6)
- 9th February 2019 Concord Park(SFSS Primary League 7)
- 2nd March 2019 Graves Park (SFSS Primary Championships)
- 9th March 2019 Shirebrook Valley (SFSS Primary Y4 Relays)
- 23rd March 2019 Limpsfield Junior School (SFSS Primary Y5/6 Relays)
2018/19 Cross Country Letters (please click):